Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Welcome to our blog!

Of course we would have to have a blog, right? Personally, I love blogs! There are so many talented, creative and informed people out there and the things that I have learned, the insights that I have gained and the perspectives that I have considered are nearly endless. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming to be talented and creative. However, I am endeavoring to be informed and then to share that information with you.


Let me back up just a bit and clarify what Michigan Antiques Directory or MAD, as we call it, is about. We don't sell antiques. We help antiques / collectibles businesses in Michigan sell antiques... and collectibles and yes, even that controversial vintage. Those businesses are stores and malls, dealers and their web sites, fairs, markets, shows and, to some extent, auctions. Truth be told, we don't know much about antiques per say. I was a dealer for about seven years. I LOVED the hunt and arranging my booths. I really enjoyed hauling items out of a barn or basement and cleaning it up to find the treasure underneath the layers of years of neglect. Truth be told again, dealing in antiques was not my forte. But, while I was a dealer, MAD was born (you can read the very short story of this on our About Us page) and here we are.


So, what are we doing here? This is our place to share with you the fruits of our research about marketing antiques and collectibles businesses. What are the trends? What are other people doing to promote their business? How can we build better relationships with customers? Just who the heck are the customers anyway?! You know, all that kind of stuff. We'll also post for the collectors. What people are doing with antiques these days - decorating, design, cool finds and such for those of you are are not in the 'business' of antiques. This is for all us folks who just plain love antiques whether you buy them, sell them or both. Got something to share? Tell us. Got a question? Ask it. If you're a blogger and want to guest post, just let me know. We are looking forward to this new feature of Michigan Antiques Directory. Talk to you soon!


Best regards,


Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment